The 2023-24 school year is Hamilton’s 35th anniversary! As Head of the Hamilton School at Wheeler Bill McCarthy shares in the video below, there is a great deal to take pride in as we reflect on the growth and impact of Hamilton, and celebrate the many successful accomplishments of current and former Hamilton students.
Please revisit this page as we add more details about the following events that will take place throughout the school year. We hope you can join us as we celebrate Hamilton’s 35th anniversary together!
Get (Re)Connected with the Hamilton School at Wheeler
- Register for The Wheel: If you haven’t already, please share your contact information with us through Wheeler’s alumni website so that we can share details with you about all of the upcoming Hamilton anniversary events, and spread the news about Hamilton at 35 with your fellow alumni. Thank you!
Share Your Story
- The Hamilton Postcard Project: In honor of Dyslexia Awareness Month and in celebration of Hamilton’s 35th year, share what your dyslexia means to you. The deadline to submit is Oct. 13.
- Participate in our Hamilton alumni interviews: These conversations will be available to current and prospective students and families so they can hear your success stories and learn about the different ways that alumni have pursued their passions with the help of their learning differences.
Hamilton at 35 Events
- Second Annual Learning Differences Seminar: Oct. 19 at 6pm. This is a hybrid event that will take place in person on Wheeler’s Providence campus and via Zoom.
- Light Rhode Island Red for Dyslexia Awareness: Oct. 20-27
- Meet and Greet with Head of the Hamilton School at Wheeler Bill McCarthy: Nov. 3 at 8:30am. We’re encouraging alumni, alumni families, and former faculty to return to campus to meet Bill McCarthy, who last year succeeded longtime Hamilton Director Jon Green, and learn about what the future holds for the Hamilton School. RSVP by filling out this form.
- Sixth Annual Learning Differences Conference: Jan. 27 at 1pm (this is a virtual event)
- Twenty-Ninth Annual Hamilton Life Achievement Award and p’s & q’s Celebration: Friday, March 1