The Wheeler School (the “School”) operates the website www.wheelerschool.org (the “Site”). This policy explains what information we collect and how we may use the information we collect from our Site.
This policy does not apply to any information collected outside of the website, including offline or through other means (for example, via telephone, in person, via mail).
By using the Site, you accept and agree to the practices that this policy describes.
What Data is Collected When you visit the Site, the School may collect and use personally identifiable information about you. Personally identifiable information can include your name, address, email address, other biographical information, financial information, or health data. The School also may collect usage information, which is information generated automatically as you navigate through the Site. More specifically, when you use the Site, the School may collect:
- Personally identifiable information that you provide voluntarily by filling in forms on the Site.
- Information provided when you communicate with the School for any reason, including information you provide in any emails to the School.
How We Use Your Information The School uses the information from you primarily to enable the School to provide its services, such as processing application to the school, payment of tuition, or to allow you sign up for events or services, in the best possible manner. Additionally, the School uses this information to communicate with visitors, parents, students, employees and alumni. The School may also use your information for the following purposes:
- To identify repeat visitors to the Site and to customize the content for each individual;
- To improve the content of the Site;
- To better serve you and make your experience as helpful as possible;
- To administer the Site by monitoring and analyzing the Site traffic and usage patterns.
How Is Your Information Shared The School may share your information with trusted third parties or affiliates to:
- Assist the School in providing services to you, by acting on the School’s behalf to send postal mail and email, remove repetitive information from mailing lists, analyze data, provide website assistance, process credit card payments or store biographical and health information;
- Compile statistics and reports regarding the Site’s visitors; or
- Deliver interest-based emails.
Such third parties have access to your information as needed to perform their functions, but they are not allowed to use it for other purposes. We do not sell or rent your information collected through the Site to anyone.
The School would be required to share your information if it has a good faith belief a disclosure is required to:
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process (such as a subpoena), or enforceable government request; or
- Protect against harm to the School, its rights, property, or the safety of its visitors or the public as required or permitted by law.
How Do We Protect Your Information The School places great importance on the security of all personal information. We use commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on the Site. We treat your information as confidential. We are reviewed through an annual audit. We take steps to protect our systems from unauthorized access. We have a roadmap for educating employees on data privacy when they are hired and regularly thereafter. Certain users are provided access to the password-protected areas of our website which may contain personally identifiable information such as contact information. You can control access to your information by going to the Privacy settings for your account. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your use of the Site, and therefore your transmission of data to the Site, is done entirely at your own risk.
Third Party Service Providers and Their Specific Security Policies The School will take reasonable steps to verify that all third-party service providers with access to Personal Information have the capacity to and will protect such information, including but not limited to having reasonable policies and procedures in place that are designed to detect, prevent, and mitigate identity theft. The School may also have links to other sites that are not controlled by us. Because we have no control over those sites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit if you are asked to provide personal information.
International Visitors Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”). By using the Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your personally identifiable information to the US. If you are accessing the Site from outside of the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the laws of your jurisdiction.
Visitors Only of Legal Age of Majority We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If you are under 13 years old, do not provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. Guardians may provide information for children under 13.
Contacting Us We welcome any questions, comments, or concerns you may have regarding this policy. Please do not hesitate to