Awards and honors for our students and faculty/staff can be found in the various category sections below and are added to all year long.
See below the photo gallery for Subject-Area Awards Categories.
- New England Math League Upper School: Wheeler is 1st in Rhode Island and top 10 in New England.
- Electric Quahogs, Upper School Robotics FTC 2021 State Finals: 1st place Connect Award, 2nd place Collins Aerospace Award, 2nd place Think Award, 3rd place Inspire Award.
- New England Math League 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Contest, April 2021 Contest: Wheeler 6th grade – 6th in New England, Wheeler 7th grade – 4th in New England, Wheeler 8th grade – 3rd in New England.
- 8th Grader Seoyon Kim is the RI Spelling Bee Champion and will represent the state in the Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee this year.
- 3 Wheeler students have qualified for The American Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME)
- William Bruno, Grade 8, was one of the top 4 scorers in this year’s RI MathCounts Tournament and thus becomes a member of the State Team for the National Championships. This accomplishment is William’s amazing 3rd time representing RI for the Nationals!
- National High School Model UN Conference: Isaiah Suchman won an individual Award of Distinction for his role as Judge in the International Criminal Court and The Wheeler delegation won an Award of Distinction in the Research & Preparation category. As one of the conference directors wrote: “Multiple awards of distinction is a big deal – Wheeler always impresses”
- Wheeler Middle and Upper School chess teams have won the RI Championships for 2021.
- 22 Wheeler students have received honors in the RI Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, including one American Visions Award (see English/Writing and Visual Arts categories)
- 9 Wheeler seniors named among the 4,500 candidates in the 2021 U.S. Presidential Scholars Program (see list under General)
- Wheeler announces the 7 Semifinalists’ and 6 Commended Students’ names in the National Merit Scholarship Program (see list under General)