|Golf Team on a 5-0 run.....|
The Warrior golf team upped their season league record to 5-0 with a 7-0 win over St. Thomas More. Jeffrey Giguere, Harrison Sparr, Justin Paik, Will Giguere, JJ LArchevesque, Nick LArchevesque, and Levi Kase all swept their Chancellor opponents in the shadow of the Mohegan Sun all glass hotel. The Warrior golfers picked apart the Norwich Country Club which was softened by morning rains and really enjoyed their day on the links.
Next match Wednesday at Agawam Hunt vs Marianapolis
Welcome to Wheeler Athletics
The collaborative spirit that is present in our classrooms is right at home on the playing field. Our students learn the value of competition and collaboration early, so when they step out on the field, court or course they already know what it takes to win - and have the abilities to do so. Our post-season honors underscore these talents.
The Middle School athletic program provides students with the opportunity to compete in interscholastic athletics, offering eleven sports for boys and girls. The Upper School athletic program is comprised of 24 interscholastic teams for boys and girls: soccer, tennis, field hockey, cross country, basketball, squash, lacrosse, track & field, softball, baseball, and golf; and three cooperative teams, football, ice hockey and swimming with PCD.
Team pages exist for all three sports seasons. Current season is under the 2015-16 school year drop down. To see team pages for past seasons and school years, use the school year drop down.
|Select a Team:|
Free downloads of sports photos by faculty member Steve Jenks.
|For up to date scores, news, & highlights of all RI interscholastic league teams.|
|Find directions to opposing teams who are members of the RIIL.|
Director of Athletics
A graduate of Keene State College, where he played Men’s Soccer, Donahue was hired at Wheeler in 1979. Since then Donahue has been an integral part of the athletic program. In addition to his time as a physical educator, he has roughly 50 seasons of coaching experience between Boys Soccer and Boys Basketball. Donahue’s teams have won several SENE Conference and New England Championships. As a 20 year veteran NCAA lacrosse official, his wealth of athletic knowledge extends to all sports. Since the mid 90’s, when Donahue was promoted to Athletic Director, he has overseen great growth and success across the board in boys and girls athletics here at Wheeler.
J. Eric Stein
Assistant Athletic Director; Physical Education Teacher; Health Education Teacher; Asst. Boys Varsit
Coach Stein is currently in his 11th year at The Wheeler School. In addition to his duties as Assistant Athletic Director and physical educator, Stein has spent the past 11 years as the Head JV Boys Basketball Coach and Assistant Varsity Basketball Coach. He has been coaching basketball for over 20 years, and enjoys working with the feeder program preparing the underclassmen for varsity competition. During his tenure at Wheeler, Stein served as an assistant on consecutive NEPSAC Championship Teams in 2006 and 2007, as well as serving as an assistant on the 2013 Boys Varsity SENE Championship Team
Nate is a 1999 graduate of the University of Kansas with a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training/Sport Science. Nate also received an Advanced Master of Science Degree in Sports Health Care from the Arizona School of Health Sciences/A.T. Still University in 2001. While in Arizona, Nate was Co-Head Athletic Trainer at Centennial High School and also worked at the college and professional levels along with numerous orthopedic surgeons. After receiving his master’s degree, Nate was hired at Northeast Sports Training and Rehabilitation as an athletic trainer and strength coach. While with Northeast Sports Training, he worked outreach athletic training services for Newport Jai Alai. Nate was hired at The Wheeler School in August of 2002. He currently provides athletic training services for the Wheeler athletic teams at the middle and upper school levels. Nate is also a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Some other memberships include the National Athletic Trainers Association, Rhode Island Athletic Trainers Association, and the Athletic Trainers of Massachusetts. Visit the Wheeler Trainer's webpage at http://www.wheelerschool.org/athletictraining
|Fall 2016 PRACTICE DATES on website now|
- The first US Girls and Boys Cross Country practice is on Monday, August 22 from 3:00-6:00 p.m. at the Wheeler Farm. Starting Tuesday, September 6 all practices will be at the Wheeler Farm from 3:00-5:30 p.m.
- The first MS Girls and Boys Cross Country practice will be on Wednesday, September 7 from 3:00-5:30 p.m. at the Wheeler Farm.
Field Hockey (NOTE COACH'S TIME CHANGE AS OF 6/8)
- The first US Field Hockey practice is on Monday, August 22 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. at the Wheeler Farm. Starting Tuesday, September 6 all practices will be at the Wheeler Farm from 3:00-5:30 p.m.
- The first MS Field Hockey practice will be on Wednesday, September 7 from 3:00-5:30 p.m. at the Wheeler Farm.
- The first practice is on Thursday, August 11 at Providence Country Day School (PCD) which is located at 660 Waterman Ave, East Providence, RI 02914. TBA, check with Jon Donahue or your coach.
- The first US Girls and Boys Soccer practice is on Monday, August 22 from 3:00-6:00 p.m. at the Wheeler Farm. Starting Tuesday, September 6 all practices will be at the Wheeler Farm from 3:00-5:30 p.m.
- The first MS Girls and Boys Soccer practice will be on Wednesday, September 7 from 3:00-5:30 p.m. at the Wheeler Farm.
- The first US Girls Tennis practice is on Monday, August 22 from 3:00-6:00 p.m. at the Wheeler Farm. Starting Tuesday, September 6 all US practices will be at the Wheeler Farm from 3:00-5:30 p.m.
Athletics Info to Download
|Field Day 2016 |
Video and photos from our 102nd Field Day at the Wheeler Farm! Thank you Athletics Association and Athletic Department for a great event.